faq
where
facebook facebook twitter mailing list press contact

WELCOME TO THE OPTIMO (ESPACIO) BULLETIN BOARD - ESTABLISHED 11:11:2000

love is the message

<  Echatio  ~  s opening quad loop but was otherwis

dasg234
Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am Reply with quote
VANCOUVER - Mike Reilly did not have much time to get sentimental Friday night. Since the Edmonton Eskimos flew into Vancouver for their CFL pre-season game against his former B.C. Lions earlier in the day and flew home later, he was able to concentrate on the difficult task of playing his former team for the first time since he was traded to Edmonton in the off-season. Reilly made the deal look good as he threw for 202 yards and a touchdown as the Edmonton Eskimos beat the B.C. Lions 27-22 on Friday night. "It was kind of a nice setup for me personally, because it was all happening so fast," said Reilly. "It was just all focusing on the game. But now that thats over with, I think the regular season will be much easier." Reilly excelled after a season-ending knee injury to Matt Nichols a week earlier assured him of being Edmontons starting quarterback once the regular season commences. But he did not feel any additional burden knowing that the Eskimos are placing their hopes on him after missing the playoffs last season. "I was going into every week as if I was going to be the starter in the season anyway," said Reilly, a 28-year-old Kennewick, Wash., native who spent two-plus seasons with the Lions. "So thats how I was trying to prepare myself." The Eskimos signal-caller and B.C. counterpart Travis Lulay, close friends during their days with the Lions, matched each other almost yard for yard while playing late into the third quarter. Reilly completed 13-of-18 passes for 202 yards while Lulay went 15 for 26 for 203 yards. Edmonton and B.C. both finished the pre-season with 1-1 records. Ironically, one of Reillys finest moments came on a broken play as he threw 50-yard touchdown pass to Cary Koch in the second quarter. The Edmonton quarterback ran his way out of trouble and then threw a pass along the sidelines to Koch, who held on to the ball while being bowled over by Josh Bell and J.R. LaRose. The TD gave the Eskimos the lead for the first time, at 14-8, and they never trailed again. "One thing about my game is that, at times, I get out of the pocket," said Reilly. "I can run, but I prefer to look down field, because theres usually a play thats potentially going to happen. "Those (receivers) did a great job of understanding that it was staying alive, and it turned to be a big play for us." Reilly and Koch almost connected for another touchdown later in the second quarter, but Bell made amends for his earlier miscue as he stepped in front of the Edmonton receiver and intercepted the ball. But Edmonton coach Kavis Reed had few complaints about Reillys performance. "I thought he did a very good job of managing the game," said Reed, adding he also made some nice adjustments. The Edmonton coach praised Reilly for showing professionalism while he was competing for the No. 1 job with Nichols before he was injured against Saskatchewan, and added the former Lion lived up to expectations after he entered the game knowing he was already assured of being the teams starter in the regular season. Lions defensive back Ryan Phillips was also impressed with his former teammate. "I felt like he controlled the game," said Phillips. "He came back with a winning game. He was efficient, he was scrambling around and he made plays. "We gave him opportunities to do that, and he seized the moment. Other than that, Im not going to discredit him at all." Reillys replacement Jonathan Crompton impressed early in the fourth quarter as he threw a 65-yard touchdown strike to Isaiah Sweeney, staking Edmonton to a 27-15 lead. But just two minutes later, Lions rookie S.J. Haidara narrowed the deficit to 27-22 on a spectacular 59-yard touchdown pass from Thomas DeMarco, the heir to Reillys former backup post with the Lions. After catching the ball, Haidara, a 24-year-old rookie out of Laval University, spun away from Edmonton defensive back Mike Miller, then cut back, romped towards the end zone and dove over the goal-line. But DeMarco squandered chances in the late going to get the Lions back in the lead, failing to connect with Elvis Akpla in the end zone on a third-and-five gamble and fumbling on the final play of the game with the Lions again in touchdown range following a 41-yard reception from Haidara. But Reilly was not getting too excited about his effort. "It is still a pre-season game," said Reilly. "Were happy to get the win, but weve got some work to do before the next one." Notes: Hugh ONeill handled B.C.s kicking duties after veteran Paul McCallum sat out with a sore groin, while linebacker Adam Bighill was sidelined with a rib injury. McCallum did not play in either exhibition game after being rested in the first game in Calgary. Centre Angus Reid remained out with a back injury suffered in training camp, leaving Matt Norman to do the hiking for the second consecutive game. Adidas NMD China 2018 . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. Adidas NMD China 2018 Outlet . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. http://www.cheapadidasnmdchinastore.com/ . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Red Adidas NMD China . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. Wholesale Adidas NMD China . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. SAPPORO, Japan -- Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu recorded a season-best score to dominate the mens short program at the NHK Trophy on Friday.Skating to Princes Lets Go Crazy, the defending champion from Japan stumbled on the landing of his opening quad loop but was otherwise flawless, receiving 103.89 points.I regret not being able to land the first quad, Hanyu said. I feel like there was much more I couldve done but I really enjoyed the short program and feel I will be able to carry the momentum over to tomorrow.After the quad loop, Hanyu added a quad salchow-triple toeloop combination and triple axel.Nathan Chen of the United States was second with 87.94 points, followed by Keiji Tanaka of Japan with 80.49.Hanyu was second in Skate Canada and is looking to wrap up a berth in the Dec. 8-11 Grand Prix Final in Marseille, France, with a win in Sapporo.Compared to Skate Canada, Im feeling better about my program, Hanyu said. I have to mmake sure I execute everything in the free program.dddddddddddd.World bronze medalist Anna Pogorilaya of Russia received 71.56 points to lead the womens short program.Im happy with performance today, Pogorilaya said. I dont think I showed everything I could and made some small mistakes but it was very satisfying.Maria Sotskova, also from Russia, was second with 69.96 points, followed by Satoko Miyahara of Japan with 64.20.Peng Cheng and Yang Jin of China were first after the pairs short program with 73.33 points, edging Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford of Canada, who had 72.95. Wang Xuehan and Wang Lei of China were third with 65.66 points.The mens, womens and pairs events conclude Saturday with the free skate.The NHK Trophy is the sixth and final event in the International Skating Unions Grand Prix series. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '