where
facebook facebook twitter mailing list press contact

WELCOME TO THE OPTIMO (ESPACIO) BULLETIN BOARD - ESTABLISHED 11:11:2000

love is the message

<  Echatio  ~  taboo subject on here

Captain Stu
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote
mein crustacean wrote:
To pull this thread back onto it's original direction and something which might excite a few optimoers.

Hot off the press: Self confessed queen of the south fan Bill Drummond has been approached about producing a cup final song. It's unlikely but if it happened it'd be the greatest moment in the history of football. Probably a dark day in the history of music but who cares.

I wonder how much hes getting paid to that . The guy burnt a million quid, making some crap football song that nobody buys should be no sweat.

Ill leave you with this masterpiece :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1urq4Vb0XM
mein crustacean
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote
FUCK THE OLD FIRM

AND FUCK THIS BIGOTRY SHITE

The whole problem with scottish fucking football is that it always comes back to this shite. For once my team did something amazing after the 15 years of shite they've put me through. I try to bask in the glory for a wee bit and what happens, it comes back to this rubbish. Give it up.

SWANS your right, and i'm sorry for the rant but it's just frustrating that all football conversations in this county come back to those two

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote
FUCK THE OLD FIRM

The whole problem with scottish fucking football is that it always comes back to this shite. For once my team did something amazing after the 15 years of shite they've put me through. I try to bask in the glory for a wee bit and what happens, it comes back to this rubbish. Give it up.

SWANS your right, and i'm sorry for the rant but it's just frustrating that all football conversations in this county come back to those two

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Feb 2007 Posts: 117 Location: Edinburgh (most of the time)
Good luck in the final mate, I hope you pump the huns!
SWANS
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote
mein crustacean wrote:
FUCK THE OLD FIRM

No problem. I think you're right too. 'Mon the Queen of the South!
djeuan
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 361 Location: the badlands - cathcart
mein crustacean wrote:
FUCK THE OLD FIRM

last nights old firm match kinda put it all perspective really, fights after game etc. while saturday was just a great football match, i heard stories of the aberdeen fans applauding the queens fans as they were walking down the street and on the trains after the match.

And for mein crustacean i felt so happy for him, if your a fan of a lower league club or not one of the big 2, then you probably have no idea just what it means to them. I was also chuffed to bits that he wore the queens top i got him (from a charity shop in hamilton) ....its now called the lucky top.... Smile

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:48 am Reply with quote
That top has been worn all the way through this cup run and i don't think it'll fail at the final.

As you say euan, the Aberdeen fans were fantastic. Loads stayed at the end and they were all great in the pub afterwards. Some of them must have been feeling shite after spending the whole game tormenting our striker for being an aberdeen reject, only to see him score and finish them off.

Happy Days
stoob
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quote
emmakate wrote:

Some of them must have been feeling shite after spending the whole game tormenting our striker for being an aberdeen reject, only to see him score and finish them off.

It was hard to take but the boy done good. Good luck in the final
mein crustacean
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:09 am Reply with quote
emmakate wrote:
That top has been worn all the way through this cup run and i don't think it'll fail at the final.

As you say euan, the Aberdeen fans were fantastic. Loads stayed at the end and they were all great in the pub afterwards. Some of them must have been feeling shite after spending the whole game tormenting our striker for being an aberdeen reject, only to see him score and finish them off.

Happy Days

oops, that was me

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 838 Location: partick - god's own country
i am sorry the thread descended into the usual old firm gubbins, probably my fault. i am seriously thrilled to see queens in the final, you guys are what the scottish cup is really about and god knows you guys are also the real football fans who stand freezing at palmerston every fortnight to support your team. me, i just have to drag my hungover ass out of bed and onto the sofa on a sunday.

so, mon the queens. INTAE THEM!

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Shoes off, if you love the queens.

STEVIE TOSH

I'll be cheering them on and fingers crossed Bill Drummond pens a little ditty for the occasion.

ms cara remind me to tell you why I don't approve of the use of the phrase o** f*** Wink
mein crustacean
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
So Bill Drummond replied, said he was very pleased to see us in the scottish cup final but he's no longer making music. He reminded us that there is a track named after queen of the south on his 'the man' album. He also said that he was asked to do the scotland world cup song in 1988 but politely declined.

Seems like a thoroughly pleasant sort of a bloke.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Jan 2007 Posts: 1256 Location: On The Wave Of Contradiction
QOS were mentioned on Football Focus this morning, nationwide coverage! Showed highlights of the 4-3 match, gave great plaudits to them and Lawro, who I usually hate, said he watched the whole thing and thought it was an amazing match. Also talked about how good the money side is for them. Good to see credit where it's due

Also had a feature on Hull City pushing for Premiership action for the first time in their 103 year history. Seeing Dean Windass was very random...

Can't get around
Budd Dwyer
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
[quote="djeuan"]
mein crustacean wrote:
FUCK THE OLD FIRM

last nights old firm match kinda put it all perspective really, fights after game:)

Fighting is the only way for football to escape its conglomerate mediocre future
Mozza
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote
on the subject... morton got a crucial victory today. if we can win next weekend we stay OUT of the play offs...!