where
facebook facebook twitter mailing list press contact

WELCOME TO THE OPTIMO (ESPACIO) BULLETIN BOARD - ESTABLISHED 11:11:2000

love is the message

<  Echatio  ~  Restaurant Recommendation

teamy
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quote
bobobo wrote:
This thread has turned into an advertisement for persons places of work, which generally sell average to shit food. Please stop now.

What happened to tradition? Did it go out with the old echatio?

Kids these days. No respect.

For next time copy paste these simple words: "FUCK YOU SPAMMER!"
teamy
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Coconut Shy wrote:
teamy wrote:
On the subject of brunches, MacSorley's now does a Sunday brunch, made with all the usual great, local ingredients.

Nice one. Will there be a veggie option?

There's three or four things yeah. Nowt vegan though.
mein crustacean
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote
any recommendations close to the citizens theater?

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:11 am Reply with quote
Looking for somewhere to go on Saturday night when I finish work for wee bite to eat with a couple of friends. Some where with a varied menu (im a fussy eater) and nothing to costly. Say about 20 a head. And some where in a reachable distance from macsorleys cause Im working till 8.

Also has anyone tried out Red Onion? Any good? Been meaning to try it out. Always looks and smells inviting when I walk by.
jed
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quote
Cafe Hula is poor,imo. i'm not a great cook but my food is better than theirs! also, it's kinda depressing cos the service is so dour and the place looks a mess, in a completely non-charming way.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Attention Optimo eaters of food - 5pm have got absolutely loads of January offers on just now, as well as the Celtic Connections 'Dine Around Glasgow' promotion. Lots of places doing pre-theatre offers for around 15, and the menus look great. I'm going to the cafe at the Tron tonight, but there's at least 5 other places I've never been before that are doing great deals, so I might need to use up my entire meal out budget in the space of the next week.

Kimmy, Red Onion have got a deal going on 5pm that looks pretty good. I've never been, but a guy from Mein C's work says it's excellent. Also, how the devil are you?

That's a pity a couple of people have had bad customer service at Cafe Hula... when we were there, the waitress was really attentive and friendly, but mebbe she's the only one. Anyway, the Sunday brunch really was lovely and I stand by my recommendation, but it's a long time since I've been in for dinner.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Yup, a guy is a fan of red onion but i've never been.

I found out the other day that where the monkey sleeps delivers sandwichs to my work and that i can order trays of their sandwichs for any meetings that are around lunch time. Yesterday i invited a whole bunch of people to a meeting that i knew they wouldn't come to so that i could chomp a big platter of sandwichs to myself.

Yums

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote
mein crustacean wrote:

I found out the other day that where the monkey sleeps delivers sandwichs to my work and that i can order trays of their sandwichs for any meetings that are around lunch time. Yesterday i invited a whole bunch of people to a meeting that i knew they wouldn't come to so that i could chomp a big platter of sandwichs to myself.

Yums

vertical drains?

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
It wasn't on vertical drains i'm afraid.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Forgot to ask you, what did you make of that drama with thon squinty bridge!?

and also - lets not discuss the football on saturday there... Rolling Eyes

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Mozza wrote:
Forgot to ask you, what did you make of that drama with thon squinty bridge!?

and also - lets not discuss the football on saturday there... Rolling Eyes

you mean the perfect hat trick from Stephen Dobbie that sunk a very poor Morton team 3-0 at home? ok then we'll not talk about that.

Not sure about the squinty bridge, the designers are pretty sure it's nothing to do with them. Its being investigated, quite odd the way the connection sheared.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
emmakate wrote:
Attention Optimo eaters of food - 5pm have got absolutely loads of January offers on just now, as well as the Celtic Connections 'Dine Around Glasgow' promotion. Lots of places doing pre-theatre offers for around 15, and the menus look great. I'm going to the cafe at the Tron tonight, but there's at least 5 other places I've never been before that are doing great deals, so I might need to use up my entire meal out budget in the space of the next week.

Kimmy, Red Onion have got a deal going on 5pm that looks pretty good. I've never been, but a guy from Mein C's work says it's excellent. Also, how the devil are you?

That's a pity a couple of people have had bad customer service at Cafe Hula... when we were there, the waitress was really attentive and friendly, but mebbe she's the only one. Anyway, the Sunday brunch really was lovely and I stand by my recommendation, but it's a long time since I've been in for dinner.

Thank you very much Emma. Might pop along pre Optimo this Sunday. In saying that I don't really enjoy going out on a full stomach and the chances after saturday night of me having much of a appetite are rather slim!
Will definetly go along before end of week though to take advantage of January cheapness.

I'm very well thank you! Will send you nice wee private myspaz. Sure people on here dont want to hear about the wonderful life of Kim Smile
iainhasaface
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
mein crustacean wrote:

Yums

where do you work? i might have delivered them.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I went to Red Onion with some friends over the festive period and thought it was pretty disappointing. Not terrible, but nothing to write home about. I personally wouldn't return.

The service was pretty poor too.
mein crustacean
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Big office on the broomielaw